Report on the October 24, 2016, By-election in Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner
March 28, 2017
The Honourable Geoff Regan, P.C., M.P.
Speaker of the House of Commons
House of Commons
Dear Mr. Speaker:
I am pleased to provide my report following the by-election held on October 24, 2016, in the electoral district of Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner. I have prepared the report in accordance with subsection 534(2) of the Canada Elections Act, S.C. 2000, c. 9. Under section 536 of the Act, the Speaker shall submit this report to the House of Commons without delay.
The report includes a summary of the official voting results and information about Elections Canada's activities since the agency last reported to Parliament on the 42nd general election. For more information, please see the Elections Canada website at www.elections.ca.
Acting Chief Electoral Officer
Table of Contents
- 1. The Medicine Hat–Cardston–Warner By-election
- 1.1. Launching the By-election
- 1.2. Voter Registration Services
- 1.3. Voting Services
- 1.4. Concluding the By-election
- 2. Activities Since the Last Statutory Report
- 3. Conclusion
- Appendix 1 – Tables
- Appendix 2 – Audit of Poll Worker Performance