Elections Canada conducts and commissions research on an ongoing basis, particularly following each general election and by-election. This section is the central location for accessing our research.
- Post-election Evaluations
- After each election, Elections Canada surveys electors about their experience and how they rate our services. The agency also produces reports on voter turnout and evaluations of our programs.
- Research on Electoral Participation
- Elections Canada studies electoral participation to better understand the experiences of electors, political entities and election workers at the election.
- Administration of Elections
- Elections Canada undertakes studies to understand public perceptions of federal election administration, compare approaches of different electoral management bodies, and examine potential impacts of changes from legislative initiatives.
- Electoral Framework
- Elections Canada undertakes studies examining the role of technology in voter registration and voting, the administration of elections and changes to electoral legislation.